As cold weather approaches, many people start the familiar routine of preparing for plummeting temperatures by pulling their sweaters out of the closet and digging out those winter boots. It’s also an excellent time to make sure you have an effective, cost-efficient heating system to keep you warm on those chilly winter days. Using a mini-split heat pump has some important advantages over a traditional system, including more flexible placement, lower heating costs, and easier installation. There are many brands available, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
Daikin Heat Pumps
Daikin is a Japanese brand that has become well-known in the U.S. due to the high quality of its systems. When you’re searching for the best mini-split heat pump for cold weather, it’s certainly a brand worth checking out. Daikin heat pumps feature inverted heat pump technology, allowing the heat pump to adjust itself to the capacity required to heat the room.
● Reduces energy consumption and indoor temperature fluctuations.
● Equipped with an infrared sensor that detects movement and activates energy saving mode when the room has been empty for 20 minutes.
● High BTU and a variety of models available.
Mitsubishi Heat Pumps
Mitsubishi was founded in Japan in 1921 and is known for being a pioneer in ductless heating and cooling. Mitsubishi boasts a wide range of mini-split heat pump models to choose from.
● Some units feature electric coil heating, which provides heat more quickly when starting up and makes the system more efficient in frigid climates.
● Very reliable brand with a reputation for quality.
● Units feature automatic restart when the power comes back on following an outage.
LG Heat Pumps
LG is a Fortune 500 company that manufactures a large range of appliances, including mini-split heating and cooling systems, that give industry leaders like Mitsubishi and Fujitsu a run for their money.
● The LG RED High-Efficiency Series continues to function at maximum capacity all the way down to -5°F.
● Systems are WiFi enabled.
● Some systems come with drain pan heater already installed
Fujitsu & Ruud Heat Pumps
Fujitsu has been producing high-quality heating and cooling products for the past 40 years. They now also manufacturer for Ruud, an American HVAC manufacturer. The company’s mini-split heat pump is no exception and is designed with many features that make it both efficient and attractive.
● Fujitsu offers many design and model options.
● Each unit has its own thermostat, so there is no need to run the unit when a room is unoccupied.
● Boasts some of the highest efficiency in the industry
As you can see, there are many great HVAC brands to choose from when it comes to purchasing a mini-split heat pump system that will suit your needs. You can find all of these heat pump brands at The Heat Pump Store, where we specialize in top-quality installation, service repairs, and maintenance for ductless mini-splits. Stop by today and see why we’re a 3-star rated, trade ally contractor of the Energy Trust of Oregon.