The Heat Pump Store is the nation’s largest retailer of ductless heat pump systems. We stand behind the preferred products we offer, and we aim to provide excellent customer support. The Heat Pump Store promises to deliver products in excellent condition. If, for any reason you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may request a Return Merchandise Authorization so long as the products are unused and not yet installed. A 10% restocking fee will be charged on all returned merchandise, unless defective or damaged. If you are returning a product because we made an error in your order, we will promptly send you the correct item at no additional cost, and we will schedule and pay for return shipping. Please contact our customer service team at 1-877-509-2961 immediately and let us know which items are incorrect.
What is Required:
To begin with, you must request RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) from The Heat Pump Store by calling our online store toll free at 1-877-509-2961.
Here are the requirements:
- Your request for Return Merchandise Authorization must be made within 30 days or less from receiving the product(s).
- The product must be either unused or not yet installed. Any item that has been un-boxed and connected to power and/or piping may not be returned.
- The items(s) must have been purchased from The Heat Pump Store.
- The product(s) must be free from damages, scratches and/or defects.
- Product(s) must be in new, resalable condition.
- Original manufacturer packaging for the product(s) must be returned with the products and be in salable condition. Do not write, sticker, or otherwise mark the original packaging.
- All manuals, controllers, accessories, and packaging materials, must be included with your return and be in salable condition.
- If your purchase came with any free gift promotional items (such as internet controller, installation materials, tools, etc.), these must be included with your return.
- All product(s) that were originally shipped by freight carrier must be returned via freight carrier.
- All product(s) must be returned with their assigned RMA number referenced on all shipping documents and shipping labels.
- All products and packages must be returned using a traceable shipping method, and the tracking number should be provided to The Heat Pump Store.
- All products must be received at The Heat Pump Store within 30 days of the issue date of the RMA number.
- DO NOT return a product without having received an RMA number for it: product(s) delivered to The Heat Pump Store without an RMA number will be refused by our warehouse.
- If you are not sure what method to use when shipping an authorized return, call us and we can help you choose the right shipping method. Call The Heat Pump Store at 1-877-509-2961 Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5 PM Pacific Time.
- Keep your tracking number for several weeks after your product was shipped back to The Heat Pump Store, just in case an item gets lost in shipment.
- Be sure to package and ship your products as soon as you receive your RMA Number, as there is a 30 day expiration date.
- Take pictures of your shipment before it leaves your possession, and save these pictures until you are sure everything has shipped OK.
What’s not Eligible for Return:
These types of product(s) are not currently available for return:
- Clearance items
- Refurbished items
- Products that have been operated
- Products that have been installed in any way
Things to keep in mind when returning an item:
- You will be responsible for the cost of the shipping for the product(s) being returned. Shipping of a ductless heat pump system can cost +/- $350.
- You “own it” during the RMA shipping process. Therefore, if an item is lost or damaged during shipment, you are responsible for filing a claim with the shipping company to get reimbursed.
- All returns that originally ship with our “Free Shipping” offer, or that have original shipping charges applied, will have the original shipping fee(s) that The Heat Pump Store paid to ship it to you deducted from the refund amount.
- A 10% restocking fee for each product(s) returned.