As we face COVID-19 together, we want you to know that The Heat Pump Store’s highest priority is the safety and health of our employees, customers, and community. We continue to be here to help keep your homes and businesses healthy and comfortable as long as construction activities remain exempt from the stay-at-home order.
We are committed to adhering to the strictest safety standards as we do our work. These procedures are intended to protect all of us, and we thank you for your support in making all of our health and safety a priority!
The Heat Pump Store Team
Here are some steps we are taking to protect everyone:
- Team members who are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick are required to stay home until symptom-free for 72 hours.
- We ask that if you or someone in your home is ill or has been exposed to someone that is ill that you reschedule your appointment.
- We will disinfect our hands before entering your home and regularly disinfect while working in your home (after touching surfaces, etc.)
- Our Installation and Service Technicians will be wearing disposable protective gear such as masks, gloves, and shoe covers while performing your work.
- We ask that everyone practice social distancing of at least 6’ at all times on all work sites.
- At this time, we are discontinuing the practice of requiring your signatures on work orders or other work acknowledgments.
- We ask employees to pass a wellness check before starting their workday. As part of this wellness check, employees must have a temperature of below 100.4 degrees F and respond “no” to all symptom and contact tracing questions.
- We will require customers to wear masks when they enter our showrooms and ask them to wear masks whenever our technicians are in their homes.
We believe these enacted policies effectively prevent the spread of COVID-19 among showroom staff, field technicians, and customers. We’ve also designed an effective plan of quarantine and contact tracing should one of our employee’s test positive for COVID-19:
- We’ll conduct contact tracing through the employee by asking him or her to retrace their steps, including when they last worked, where they worked, and with whom they’ve worked.
- We’ll reach out to the Department of Health to make them aware. We’ll provide all necessary details about the situation, follow any additional guidance, and let them begin their contact tracing procedures.
- We’ll provide all necessary information to employees to begin to self-isolate and schedule tests for themselves.
- With the Department of Health’s assistance, we’ll notify any customers or anyone else we may be aware of who may have had close contact with the employee. We’ll encourage all of these individuals to self-quarantine and schedule tests.
- Depending on the number of employees who’ve had close contact with the positive individual, we may encourage all employees to receive tests. Should this occur, we may be forced to reschedule appointments with customers to ensure that safety is our highest priority.
- If necessary, we’ll close any or all showrooms so a professional company can properly sanitize them. This, of course, may affect showroom hours or necessitate short-term closures.
- We believe that open lines of communication are an effective way to stop the spread of COVID-19. So, we’ll always trend towards transparency with our employees and our customers so we can answer questions accurately and allow everyone to make the best decisions for their own health and safety.
During this pandemic, employee and customer safety will also be top of mind in all actions that we take. We understand that our actions may cause inconveniences for some customers, and we truly apologize should showroom closures or rescheduled appointments affect you. However, we believe it’s essential we handle this situation with the utmost seriousness.
These are unprecedented times, but we know that communities are strongest when they work together in times like these. We truly appreciate our customers’ understanding, and we encourage you to continue to contact us to schedule repairs, installations, and maintenance as usual and per the guidelines listed above. As we spend increasing amounts of time in our home, it is essential that your home remains comfortable.
Contact The Heat Pump Store in Oregon
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 policies, please do not hesitate to ask. You can reach us at 877-509-2961.